Service Operations Specialist
Do you shine behind the scenes? Are you passionate about playing a crucial role in ensuring the operational health of an organization? Do you love the idea of using your skills and experience to help drive the success of a team? If so, our current Service Operations Specialist opening at Nelson & Co. may be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to the above, we are looking for people who value and know that:
- Great outcomes require a proactive approach;
- Taking initiative while being highly organized and paying attention to the details are essential to success; and
- Seeking alternative opinions and asking for help leads to the best outcome.
At the core of our work is a focus on Relationships. It is not just a word at Nelson & Co., but a part of our essence; we constantly look to deliver value, knowing that helping our customers achieve their goals ensures we achieve ours. Relationships are built on supporting each other, internally and externally. In action, it means that we are a trusted advisor. As soon as we identify a challenge facing our customer, we focus on helping them find the best solution, even in the rare instances when we cannot provide it.
In the role of Service Operations Specialist, you will be supporting Nelson & Co.’s efforts to ensure both the health of the company and quality of service to our customers by going the extra mile to organize and complete tasks and information. Some of the key activities will include:
- Ensuring invoices are sent in an accurate and timely manner;
- Driving the filing of legal documents, including notice to owners (NTOs); and
- Supporting the warranty claims process activities.
This position requires that you have the following:
- Six months or more experience with invoicing using QuickBooks or a similar program;
- An ability to use the MS-Excel functions Sum, Average, Count, Max, and Min and the math associated with each function;
- Discernable organization and communication skills; and
- Verifiable capability to manage details and deadlines.
Things that would be nice-to-have and could push you to the top as a candidate, include:
- Construction industry accounting and lien process experience; and/or
- Knowledge and experience with job cost accounting and the percentage completion method.
By reading this far, you have taken the first step to joining our team at Nelson & Co. to help us achieve our vision of being the leading developer of engineered solutions in the Custom Commercial HVAC space. If our passion for what we do and this role excites you, we would be delighted if you would send us your resume.
This role will require the selected individual to work inside our office located in Jacksonville, FL.
At Nelson & Co., in addition to your wages, we offer benefits that include the following after 90 days:
- Health/Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
After 1 year, we also offer:
- 401(k) matching